Tuesday, April 7, 2020

HEART

HEART QUILT BY MARY
Gary wrote:

After receiving her new heart on Tuesday night (March 24), Anya is doing well. She is walking and they are hoping to remove the chest tubes today (Sunday) or tomorrow.

Here’s her address for friends wanting to send cards:
Mail comes her to the Ronald McDonald House. It's 1600 SW 14th St Room 11 Gainesville FL 32608

Ellie replied:

There is so much to be thankful for: the determination of Anya and her family, all the research and and skill which made such a procedure possible, the availability of a heart that matched her system, and the fantastic team of medical professionals who performed the surgery. Let's keep her in the light as her body adapts to her new heart and grows strong as she moves forward. I feel that you have been serving the family and the meeting by being a liaison when you were much needed.  



.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, ellie for posted the Heart throw! My 4-H teacher taught us how to make it so I have known how to make that design for 50 years. Heart Hope Health and Happiness is my 4-H words. The 4-H pledge is Head Heard Hands Health

    ReplyDelete
  2. HearTTTT not Heard
    Didn't even preview, how can I edit that mess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ellie and Gary for this update regarding Anya and her family, and for including their address at the Ronald McDonald House so that I can send them a card, and for including a picture of Mary's heart quilt. I spoke with Gary recently and he told me that Trinity and Vincent are currently staying with grandparents in California. I am glad to have had the opportunity to get to know the two of them even if only a little in First Day School at Gainesville Friends Meeting. - Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks peter,
    It is helpful to know where Trinity and Vincent are. I hope we will see them again when Anya is well enough to go home.
    ellie

    ReplyDelete