Sunday, April 19, 2020

ANTIBODIES

Since I have no material from the meeting to post, I will pass on what I can share from my family. The picture shows Paul and his young friend visiting a plane from the charitable organization Samaritan's Purse at the High Point, NC airport last fall. You may have noticed a field hospital in New York City bearing their name. 


Here is a recent report from my son in Winston-Salem:
"My friend Dee's daughter, son-in-law and grandson have all been confirmed by the CDC to have Covid-19 antibodies. They all were sick in early January, before the first confirmed case in the U.S. Dee will be tested for antibodies next week. She was sick in mid-January with the same symptoms as her daughter.

Dee's daughter is O-negative and donated blood immediately after she got the confirmation from CDC. Blood with the antibodies can be transfused into Covid-19 patients and appears to help a lot."

None of us are unaffected and everyone can help in some way. 

1 comment:

  1. Around 1900 my Quaker grandmother and her cousin were students at Monmouth College in Illinois. They were living in a Quaker boarding house. They were kicked out of this house because they were caught playing a guitar and singing. Their parents thought this was not that bad, and found them another place to live.

    ReplyDelete