Saturday, January 8, 2022

MONTEVERDE

Miami Meeting Friend Brad Stocker recently sent email noting that there is a PBS film which gives an account of the founding of the Friends Community in Costa Rica. Brad who occasionally visited the Gainesville Meeting and the Ocala Worship Group said in his email that Monteverde "has had an impact on my teaching, heart, and spiritual path." 

The film is made available by Rocky Mountain PBS with the title Home Sweet Monteverde.

Let me know about your experiences with Monteverde.


https://video.rmpbs.org/video/sweet-home-monteverde-dh7gzy/ 


1 comment:

  1. Brad Stocker who alerted us to this film on the origins of Monteverde had this to say about his connection with the community:
    "Monteverde became known to me through a course, the Web of Life, I took while I was studying for a certificate in Ecology and Human Spirit. The professor arranged for a stop in Monteverde where we visited the Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve and the Monteverde Cheese Factory both of which are in the film. That visit planted many things in me. It contributed to my discernment to become a Friend. It became a recurring destination for travel and for a course I later co-taught, Earth Literacy and Sustainability. I have also connected with the Monteverde Friends School, and the Meeting, through Quaker Earthcare Witness Mini-grants. This film tells many stories that touch me on many levels. It is a film with many important threads. I have found that it speaks to Friends and friends."

    ReplyDelete