Friday, November 27, 2020

SEEKING PRAYER

Mary has a dear friend who is suffering from multiple problems. Her friend is presently undergoing detox for alcoholism. With medical problems, losses of family members, job insecurity, and other stresses she has not been able to shake alcohol dependence. Mary is asking us to pray for her friend to receive the kind of healing which only God can give. My prayer is that Danny may receive the blessing of knowing God's love can overcome her addiction.

We are all in need of forgiveness for we all fail to measure up to the full potential which God has placed in us. We have within us the ability to live with compassion for one another. As we forgive the failures we recognize in our brothers and sisters, we also forgive our own past failures. In doing so we can begin life anew understanding that our hearts need not be troubled or afraid for God is present with us.   

John 14
[25] These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
[26] But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
[27] Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. So sad! She left Shands today. She did NOT finish detox. I have no idea how to help her anymore, except asking the Lord. It is her choice. Thanks trying to help her. There is always hope, faith and love. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Words from the Prayer of Saint Francis:

    O Master, let me not seek as much
    to be consoled as to console,
    to be understood as to understand,
    to be loved as to love,
    for it is in giving that one receives,
    it is in self-forgetting that one finds,
    it is in pardoning that one is pardoned,
    it is in dying that one is raised to eternal life.

    ReplyDelete