Monday, September 21, 2020

WORLD PEACE DAY

U.N. International Day of Peace

21 September

 
"Minute of Silence/Moment of Peace: 'The Peace Wave'
In 1984, in commemoration of the annual International Day of Peace and in solidarity with the United Nations, the NGO Pathways To Peace inaugurated the Minute of Silence at 12:00 Noon in each time zone, resulting in a “Peace Wave” around the worldIndividuals, organizations, communities and nations are invited to participate in this shared and practical act of peacebuilding on September 21."

SING GENTLY

DEEP PEACE

RINGING PEACE BELL

 

7 comments:

  1. I had not heard of this before. Seems like a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I notice that the time stamp is in Pacific Time zone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Susan. I hope it is fixed now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea - Thank you for bringing World Peace Day to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, I never remember Peace Day or any other day. There was a very brief mention pf UN day this past Saturday during the joint Peace and Social Concerns and Earthcare committee meeting. I suppose UN day is the same as the UN International Day of Peace. Who would think. Nobody mentioned peace. Oh well. I will put the UN International Day of Peace on my Outlook calendar. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think of Sept 21 as the Autumn Equinox. However in 2020 in Northern Hemisphere it will be at 9:30 AM on Tuesday on September 22. The two transitional seasons - Spring and Fall - are my favorites. I always look forward to the equinoxes to to initiate nature's loveliest displays of color in flowers and leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is a link from Fran:

    From: Conciliation Resources
    WE'RE TELLING STORIES ABOUT THE POWER OF PEACEBUILDING

    https://www.c-r.org/news-and-insight

    ReplyDelete